Humane Canada’s National Animal Welfare Conference #NAWC2020: March 28-30, 2020
March 28 - March 30
The 2020 National Animal Welfare Conference is in the beautiful city of Victoria, BC
March 28-30, 2020
Deep Dive Training Day on March 31st
About the Event
Humane Canada’s National Animal Welfare Conference (NAWC) is an annual professional development and community-building event for anyone who works with, cares for or advocates for animals. It is Canada’s biggest and best-attended animal welfare conference.
When you join us in beautiful Victoria, British Columbia to celebrate animal welfare you’ll get:
- Engaging conference sessions and activities,
- World-class speakers,
- Daily networking opportunities,
- Lightning sessions for quick takeaways,
- Amazing exhibitors & prizes (more every year),
- Wild Arc Tour,
- End of Day Social on Sunday March 29
- Access practical tips & takeaways from a variety of perspectives,
- A recharge area for fun and networking,
- Humane Canada Animal Welfare Leadership & Innovation Awards featuring Jane Goodall,
- Your opportunity to talk and collaborate with industry thought leaders to learn about emerging animal welfare trends, and
- Enjoy a taste of Vancouver Island while you get unparalleled access to the best and brightest thinkers in animal welfare today.
400+ annual attendees know that the National Animal Welfare Conference is a can’t miss event.
Humane Canada convenes the largest animal welfare community in Canada; this is one of our signature events where industry thought-leaders converge to share their experience and expertise. At this annual conference you can connect with the best and brightest thinkers in animal welfare today, learn cutting-edge practices and build a network of support that stretches from coast-to-coast-to-coast.
At the two-day National Animal Welfare Conference learn from:
- Presentations, Workshops and Panel Discussion from Animal Welfare experts on new animal welfare initiatives,
- Keynote addresses,
- Emerging animal welfare research,
- Best practices in animal sheltering & community,
- Leadership practices in an animal welfare context,
- Animal welfare community engagement,
- Intersection of Animal Welfare and Climate Change,
- Animal Welfare Science,
- Welfare of Animals used for Food,
- Humane Education,
- Increasing Fundraising Capacity, and
- Advocacy and stakeholder relations techniques.
On March 31, you have an opportunity to immerse yourself with other attendees in the popular Deep Dive training day.
Who Attends #NAWC?
If you work with, care for or advocate for Canada’s animals, the National Animal Welfare Conference is the conference for you. Learn cutting-edge practices, collaborate, forge new partnerships and access the best and brightest thinkers in animal welfare today.
The National Animal Welfare Conference welcomes:
- SPCA, Humane Societies and Shelter/Rescue employees
- Students in any discipline,
- Veterinarians and vet techs,
- Researchers and scientists,
- Animal enforcement personnel,
- Animal care professionals who work with companion animals, farm animals or wildlife, and.
- People who advocate for animals or those who have an interest in animal welfare.